Many true cookie lovers know the Toll House Recipe by Heart. Our version stays very close- but with fewer chips, more brown sugar than white and a little less flour - For a chewier inside and crunchier edges of that wonderful all time favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie. I still can not make up my mind whether I like the dough or baked cookie better. We refrigerate the dough for better flavor.
1 3/4 cups flour
2 sticks butter, softened
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (we use a bittersweet and/or dark)
1. Cream the butter, oil and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
3. Mix the baking soda and water together and add to batter.
4. Gradually add the flour, salt and chocolate chips just until combined.
5. Refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
5. Preheat the oven to 365ºF.
6. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes
Variation: Add one cup of chopped nuts.