I was playing around with a few recipes and came up with this crunchy chewy oatmeal cookie packed with tart and creamy sweet tidbits. It has multiple layers of flavor and is the new favorite cookie in my family.
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 brown sugar
1 Tbs maple syrup
1 stick of unsalted butter (softened)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup dried cranberries soaked in 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 365º F
1. Start by soaking the dried cranberries as listed.
2. Beat the first 9 ingredients until creamy. Then beat in egg until creamy.
3. Add remaining ingredients just until incorporated.
4. Place heaping teaspoons onto a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet approximately 2” apart.
5. Bake for 9-11 minutes. (9 minutes chewier, 11 minutes crunchier)
Cool on a rack.