Fire up the grill and get ready to savor every bite of this multi-layered, multi-flavored pizza. Marinated chicken breast, Mesclun greens, nuts, cranberries, and a "secret" goat cheese dressing all atop crunchy grilled fired pizza dough. We call the dressing "secret" because a Culinary Alumni friend of the family offered to pay my sister Pauline for it. Pauline was honored and graciously gave the recipe. It is the dressing that ties this whole pie together. For optimal flavor- let the finished pie rest (if you can) for at least 5 minutes.
Ingredients for Dough:
2 traditional pizza doughs (see recipe) or store bought.
Olive oil for brushing
Sugar (just enough for a light sprinkling)
Adobo seasoning (just enough for a light sprinkling)
4 cloves of minced garlic (one clove for each pizza dough)
1. On a floured surface, roll out each dough into thin round or rectangular shapes.
2. Brush one side generously with olive oil, and sprinkle on sugar, adobo, and garlic. Place the oiled side down onto a hot grill and now brush the top of dough- generously with olive oil and sprinkle with sugar, adobo and remaining garlic. Grill both sides until lightly golden and showing grill marks. ( about 3-4 minutes per side).
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken:
4 chicken cutlets, trimmed and cut in half
1/2 cup of soy-sauce
1/3 cup oil
2 tablespoons sugar
4 clove of garlic chopped fine
1. Place the chicken in plastic bag with a tight seal and gently shake to evenly distribute marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour to 6 hours.
2. Place on a hot grill and cook for approximately 8 minutes on each side ( depending on thickness of chicken and temperature of the grill). Brush with remaining marinade.
3. Slice thin for pizza topping.
Ingredients for Goat Cheese Dressing / Salad:
3/4 cup of honey
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
1/4 cup of apple vinegar
4 ounces of creamy goat cheese
One cap full of Worcestershire sauce
11 ounces Mesclun or Spring Mix Greens
1. Place all ingredients, except the "Greens", in a glass jar with a lid or a tightly sealed container. Shake until blended.
2. Toss approximately 1/2 cup ofthe dressing with the mesclun greens.
Assemble the Pizza:
1. Place the salad on top of grilled pizza dough.
2. Top with Chicken.
3. Top with any optional toppers.
4. Drizzle on some more Goat Cheese Dressing.
(There should be dressing left over for another use.)
Fresh blueberries/strawberries/pear or apple