Something different for an appetizer. Try these Greek Mini Meatballs. Browned seasoned beef with a kick of lemon and mint, dip in sour cream or tzatziki sauce.
Mini Greek Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons milk or broth
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, divided (1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided (1 tablespoon for garnish)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Soften onions in milk or broth in microwave for 1 1/2 minutes or boil on stovetop.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, mint, parsley, softened onions, salt and pepper until combined. Do not press hard, work with light hands for best results.
- Shape mixture into 1"' to 1 1/2" sized balls.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet- add meatballs leaving space in-between to allow browning. Do not flip until a brown crust is formed. Flip the meatballs and cook for one minute.
- Now add approximately 1/2 of the lemon juice to the meatballs continue to cook, when the juice is reduced by half add the remaining lemon juice and reduce again. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh mint and parsley. Serve with tzatziki sauce, see recipe
Tap here for >>Tzatziki Sauce Recipe