Tender bites of creamy chicken, made easy. Paprika releases it flavor when heated, if overheated it can burn and taste bitter. It adds eye-catching color to many dishes.
2 lbs. chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons oil
2 onions, chopped fine
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon light molasses
1/2 cup white wine
1 bay leaf
1 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons paprika
1 cup sour cream
1. Coat the chicken with mustard and roll in mixture of flour, salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the chicken on all sides.
(Overcrowding will not allow the chicken to brown, fry in intervals if necessary)
3. Add the onions and butter, cook for 5 minutes longer.
4. Add the molasses, wine, bay leaf, chicken stock,tomato paste and paprika
Reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
5. Add sour cream and heat through. Taste and season accordingly.
Serve with buttered noodles, peas and carrots.