One of my friend’s neighbors would pass these cookies as a gift to her over a fence at Christmas time. My friend loved these and asked for the recipe. It took years but finally her neighbor gave in and passed the cookies and this recipe over the fence, much to her surprise. We are happy she did.
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup seedless raspberry jam or preserves-stirred
Preheat oven to 375º F
1. Mix all ingredients except jam just until blended.
2. Pat dough into two parchment lined 8"x8" baking pans or one large 9"x13".
3. Bake for approximately 17 minutes or golden on edges.
4. Spread the raspberry jam onto one 8"x8" cookie or half of the 9"x13" cookie. Carefully cover the jam topped cookie with remaining cookie.
6. Cool. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar, cut into 2” squares.