Festive buttery morsels of holiday goodness- the Spritz rings memories and cheer to many. This press cookie has so many options, colors and designs to choose- but the "Christmas Tree Spritz" seems to be a stand out favorite. Sifted flour, confectioner's sugar and egg yolks enhance the delicate texture.
2 cups sifted flour
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
4 tablespoons or 2 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
A pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
A few drops food coloring or gel
Preheat oven to 350ºF
1. Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugars until fluffy. Add the egg yolks and extracts, beat well.
2. Gradually mix in the flour and salt until combined.
3. Add food coloring as desired.
4. Rest the dough for 30 minutes and press (according to the cookie press instructions) into your favorite designs.
5. Bake for approximately 9-11 minutes or until edges just turn golden. Time can vary depending on the size of cookies, watch carefully.